Sunday, November 6, 2011

Singin' Solo

Ok... So, I didn't get to do anything for September, somehow that month just got away from me. When I wanted to do my September extreme, I couldn't because of the weather and it was the last day of the month. So... Sorry, no Extreme for September.

However, October was different. I kinda had two but one was a bit more nerve wracking than the other. I sang a solo in sacrament on Ocotber 23. I was so nervous, I can't even begin to describe it. I love to sing but I do just fine singing in a choir or even just a duet. I don't know what it is but I just don't like doing it all by myself. Maybe it's just that I want someone else to look bad with me. LOL not really I guess I just don't like doing things alone I suppose. hmmm

Anyway, I sang I Stand All Amazed and Sarah Potts played the piano for me. We practiced for the week and it was the craziest week ever... just because of the nerves... I was praying through out the week that both Sarah and I would be able to sound good together, that the Lord would be satisfied with our work. I asked for a lot of help that week... trust me. Then the day came and I was still asking for help. I knew, I just needed to relax and breath and that the Lord would take over. That is such an amazing feeling! I was nervous when I first started but then was able to control myself and sing beautifully. All the Lords doing... ALL.

I recieved a lot of compliments, I think that, that is the hardest part. I would rather just do it and be done and just blend right back in, doing the Lords work. It was however, an amazing opportunity. The sacrament talks that day were on Testimony and singing that song, felt like I was singing my testimony. I did start to cry when I started singing, not because of nerves, but because of how I really do, Stand All amazed at the Love Jesus offers me. The words of that song mean so much. Even now as I write, I think of the meaning of some of the words in that song. How blessed am I, to have a Savior, who loves me and has died for me. The work that I have done is, or will be sufficient enough for him and because of that, his Atonement will cover me. Amazing words!

I know that I was helped that day and I know that I was given a talent and that I should use it more. Will I sing solo's all the time... probably not... but I will try and use this talent to the best of my ability and if that means singing a solo again, I will.

My other extreme was Microdermabrasion... I won a raffle and got a $300 gift certificate and so I went and had my first treatment in October. Not scary, actually kinda cool. Not something I probably would have just done all on my own... So, I'm counting it. Hopefully by the time I am all done, my face wont act like it's still 15.

Until next time! TTFN

No comments:

The Grondel's