Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 12 & 13

So, Day 12 I was challenged to be UNPLUGGED! I couldn't use my phone, no texting, no e-mailing, no tv, no radio, nothing electronically entertaining, unless it had to do with work. So, I will be honest. I kinda had a bit of a meltdown. HAHA Lars was probably laughing his butt off at me. I know he was actually but in the end I think I just had to get it out of my system. My phone is a safety net for me. I text a lot but it's not something I have to do. I love to talk but again, it's not something I have to do. However, I am still addicted to my phone... obviously... because I had a small meltdown haha. You will be proud of me, I didn't use the skip! I went a full 24 hours plus without using my phone, unless it was related to work.

I think the hardest part of my day was my driving. I actually had to go to another branch for a meeting, which meant I had to drive a lot further. I love listening to music and for the most part it's my church music anyway. So, not listening to any was kind of hard, when I really didn't have a whole lot on my mind. So I decided that I would take my little hymn book with me and find songs I could sing. The song that really made me greatful for my day yesterday, was Count Your Blessings. The words of that song are perfect! If ever you are down, sing that song and then count your blessing and then sing it again. Last night I went through and wrote down my blessings. I'm very blessed, richly blessed I would even say. At the end I felt like being unplugged really plugged me into where I needed to be.

Thanks to some of my wonderful friends they did try and tempt me. I got a couple of texts from them and I will tell you, that I didn't even look at the messages until this morning when I woke up. To think that they could really tempt me like that. HA... Amy you know me better. ;) I knew I could do the challenge, I was just felt like I was super detached for that "JUST IN CASE" moment. Over all it was a great day!

Today I had to write a letter to my grandparents. I liked that. It's nice to send a note to the ones you love. I like to get unexpected things, so why wouldn't someone else. When they get it in the mail, in the next day or two, I'm gonna be super excited to just know they will feel a little extra love. I am greatful for who my grandparents are. They have created a good solid foundation for my family and I know it's because of them that we are who we are today. Things aren't always so sweet and joyful but it is because of them that we are even here and for that, I am most greatful. Today was a great day!

No comments:

The Grondel's