Kenyan Birthday Traditions: When a baby is first born , the mother takes the baby strapped to her back into the thorn enclosure, where the cattle is kept, and there, her husband and the village elders wait to give the child his or her name... yikes!! For real! I am so all about having a name picked out before hand haha!
Indian Birthday Traditions: On a Hindu child's first birthday, his or her head is shaved while being held by a special fire. Removal of the hair cleanses the child of any evil in past lives, symbolizing of renewal of the soul. WHAT! So they automatically think that their child could be of the devil... I'm so glad I know that a child is born perfect and that it doesn't need to be cleansed at birth or at anytime before they are 8! In there behalf, they did have a nice tradition as they were older. They also got to where colorful clothing when they went to school and pass out chocolates to everyone, so they could all celebrate. They also kneel at their parents feet to show respect. I like that part... at least they show respect to those who brought them into this world... Still not sure about the shaving head part though.
So, the tradition I did end up picking after reading those crazy ones, was to make a balloon wreath! We can hang it out on the door for everyones Birthdays! I think it would be kinda fun, then people would kn
ow that something fun and exciting was going on that day. LOLI happen to actually stumble on to the site that told about the balloon wreath... After I read about it and I thought who would really make something like that, besides Mormons... lol I looked at the site I was on... HAHA I was on ldssplash.com... lol Yeah, I know my people! AND I'm totally gonna make one... I can't wait to go and get the stuff for it this weekend!



No comments:
Post a Comment